Thursday, April 9, 2009

life's surprises

Who knows what tomorrow will bring? March 25th, a neighbor drove into the rear of my car. I had just exited our gate toward Highview St., stopped for oncoming traffic, and Bang! She did some damage with her big red truck! Fortunately, it appears her insurance will take care of expenses for repairs and rental car; but it's just one more nuisance thing to take care of. March 28th, phone call from friend Yvonne, in town and wanting to go to lunch the next day. (She was Douglas County Clerk in Minden, and a fellow conference attendee and traveling buddy). Her daughter Michelle drove us to the Elephan Bar, where we met Michelle's son Jeffrey, Yvonne's brother Frank and sister in law Polly We hadn't seen each other for several years, so it was fun catching up with everyone. Next surprise, doctor appointment a few days ago included a breathing test, which resulted in the diagnosis that I hava asthma. Well, now I know what was causing all the coughing the past several months, I'm learnng how to use the inhalers, and have coughed a little less already. Also, it's not contagious! The latest surprise is that my tv went dark today. So I await the appearance of Cox cable guy Sunday. I hope tomorrow is a calm day, with no surprises.

2 comments:

  1. What's with that TV/cable thing--you've had glitches with it ever since they put it in. I hope the coughing thing gets fixed with the inhaler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to read about your exiting life! Let's hope your cough and tv get better! - in that order.

    ReplyDelete